The Electronic Cigarette Industry Group, Inc. is a non-profit 501c6 association of consumers, manufacturers, importers and distributors of electronic cigarettes. ECIG supports strengthening regulations to keep electronic cigarettes out of the hands of children.
As the leading provider of objective, accurate information on electronic cigarettes, ECIG is dedicated to fostering communication, sharing reliable information and providing forums for members and state and federal agencies to engage in meaningful dialogue regarding public health, regulatory affairs and industry matters. ECIG monitors, reports and responds to federal and state regulatory issues serving advocate for the electronic cigarette industry by successfully engaging government officials on behalf of its members.
The electronic cigarette is an alternative to traditional tobacco. Essentially, a small battery vaporizes a combination of water, flavoring, nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol – all packaged in a small cigarette “look-alike.” The emerging market for this product consists of current adult tobacco users, whether cigars, cigarettes or smokeless tobacco, who by choice or necessity seek alternatives to traditional tobacco.
Consumers seeking alternatives to traditional forms of tobacco may do so because its use is banned in their workplace, bars, or restaurants. On the other hand, they may simply wish to eliminate second-hand smoke from their household. Whatever the reason, electronic cigarettes are quickly proving to be a popular alternative, offering a new quality of life for those who utilize them.
The Electronic Cigarette Industry Group, LLC (ECIG), is a non-profit 501(c)(6) industry trade association, that promotes the highest standards in manufacturing, distributing, marketing and retail sales of electronic cigarettes.
Electronic cigarette manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers responsibly provide information that helps their intended audience make informed decisions regarding the purchase and use of their products in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Code of Ethics
- ECIG member companies are committed to responsibly marketing their products to adult consumers by ensuring that marketing materials and programs comply with all legal requirements and the ECIG Code of Ethics.
- ECIG member companies will hold advertising agencies and other providers of product development and marketing services to the same standards.
- ECIG member companies will not intentionally make misrepresentations about their products including false health claims.
- Any claims related to health effects of electronic cigarettes will be substantiated before they are made.
- ECIG member companies will never market their products to underage persons.
- Any offer of products or services for sale by an ECIG member company shall be accurate and truthful as to price, grade, quality, make, value, performance, quantity, currency of model and availability.
- Orders of importers, distributors, retailers and consumers for products and services shall be fulfilled in a timely manner.
- ECIG member companies will not make misleading comparisons of another company’s products or services. Any comparison must be based on facts that can be objectively substantiated.
- Member companies shall not intentionally denigrate any other member company, business, product or service in a false or misleading manner and shall not take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of any company, business, product or service.
- Promotional literature and advertising shall not contain product descriptions, claims, photos or illustrations that are false, deceptive or misleading.